Fall is just ‘round the corner and winter isn’t any further away. Like the Starks of Winterfell in Games of Thrones keep mentioning, ‘winter is coming’! Well, winter certainly does arrive every year in this non-fiction world, so it makes good sense to be well equipped with winter makeup essentials and some handy makeup ideas to look your best despite the weather! In this post, we concentrate on some of the things that your makeup kit for winter! We also discuss a few makeup/beauty mistakes to avoid and of course, provide you with amazing makeup ideas and picture tutorials in the gallery below!
Winter Makeup Essentials
So, here’s a list of the basic things that you need to put in your winter makeup bag to protect your skin against the extremes of mercury drops, chilly winds, sudden hailstorms and all kinds of precipitation that winter season brings. The weather remains extremely dry in the cold months, so it is essential to keep hydration in mind- both for your skin and hair! (Drink lots of fluids as well ‘because a good diet is the best skincare!) The list also includes some winter makeup tips!
- Creamy formula blush
- Liquid matte lipsticks
- Moisturizing chapstick
- Bold red lipstick adds color to the winter landscapes
- Oil mask for hair
- Dusty pink palette- winter rose is a favorite color to sport
- Deep moisture balm
- Restorative cream
- Waterproof makeup products!
- Go for dramatic intense colors for lips/.eyes
- Try subtle shine highlights instead of glossy look
- Pressed powder prevents flakiness and keeps makeup set
- Dewy or satin foundation
- Tinted moisturizer
Winter Beauty Mistakes to Avoid
Very briefly, here are a few pointers to some of the winter skin care, beauty and make up mistakes to avoid:
- Long hot showers makes skin dry
- Soap based foamy cleanser dehydrates skin
- Waxy scented balm is no good! Opt for viscous lip balms to protect lips
- Frosted eye shadow makes you look washed out in winter or fall- try periwinkle blue, metallic bronze shades
- Avoid summer bronze- apply a bronzer not more than one tone darker than your natural skin tone
- Foundation on flaky skin is a big makeup mistake. Instead exfoliate skin and moisturize with deep moisturizer at night- then you are ready to apply makeup the next day!
Now that all those tips and essentials are pointed and noted, dig in to the gallery for some crazy good winter makeup ideas!
Source for Images: facebook.com