Not everyone has a similar sense of fashion. Tragus piercing is still a pretty unconventional type of ear piercing. Models, Goth fashion followers, punk artists and women with a quirky sense of style are usually the ones who sport perforated cartilages, especially tragus and anti-tragus piercings. In case you are wondering what or where exactly tragus is, it is the tiny triangular shaped cartilage that continues from your face to your ear and protrudes over the opening of the ear canal. You can slide a finger diagonally from the corner of your eyes to touch the tragus. A tragus piercing is a perforation of this tiny triangle.
Tragus Piercing Jewelry – Popular Choices
You need not feel surprised if you fall in love with tragus piercings after browsing this gallery, which is frankly, a feast for the eyes! Tragus piercing jewelry is quite versatile; you can wear barbells, captive bead hoops, studs and clickers in your tragus piercing. Blue sapphire, rhinestone, sterling silver, gold hoops, diamond studs, colorful opal gemstones and metal are some of the most popular choices when it comes to decorative tragus jewelry. Nature inspired earrings like turtle studs, floral studs, star studs and clickers, leaf earring designs etc. are extremely trendy and look fantastic on pierced tragus.
Tragus Piercing Pain Scale, After Care and Healing
You might be thinking about the magnitude of tragus piercing pain that’s in store, if you decide to get your tragi perforated. Well, you would be mighty glad to know that a tragus piercing is not really painful because although the tragus and the anti-tragus look very delicate, very few nerve endings are present in these two cartilages.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind, if you want to get your tragus pierced:
- The tragus is quite susceptible to yeast or fungal infections. Continue to wash regularly with saline water for a few days before you get your tragus perforated.
- Tragus piercing healing can take anywhere between three weeks and eighteen weeks.
- After care for tragus piercing is essential
- Tragus piercing is still fairly new, so visit a piercer who is experienced and can be precise with piercings.
Getting a tragus piercing is a fairly simple process and affordable as well for many! Explore this delightful gallery and find out for yourself whether or not you want to sport it!
Being fashionable is all about experimenting and being creative. You can find many more styles and fashion trends at our Pinterest. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We would love to hear from you have your feedback. Live Long! Live Beautifully! We’ll keep giving you incredible fashion ideas.
You Can Also Check Out:
- 58 Stunning Jewelry Ideas for Daith Piercings That Exude the Contemporary Charm
- 59+ Funky Ear Piercings for a Nonconformist Look
- 48 Popular Belly Button Rings You’ll Love as Navel Piercings
Source for Images: facebook.com