Tear drop, pear shaped or pendeloque shaped rings are available in a host of material such as diamonds, gold, silver and other precious stones. Tear drop rings in diamond are popular as engagement rings as this style of cut allows a variety of side stones and settings and thereby offering plenty of choices to select from. In a pendeloque shaped diamond ring, one part of the diamond stone tapers to a point while the other side is rounded.
The Merits of Tear Drop Rings
There is more than one reason for buying the teardrop shaped diamond ring as an engagement ring.
- Tear drop diamond rings are less popular than the traditional type. As a result, they can make an exclusive style statement.
- This cut of the precious diamond stone allows a multitude of settings as well as side stones offering more varieties to select from.
- This shape looks good on the finger. A long pear shape has a visual effect of lengthening and thinning the finger.
- A tear drop diamond ring has many facets which do not need the same amount of clarity as the other shapes such as an emerald cut.
Why Pendeloque or the Tear Drop Shaped Rings Make a Great Choice?
The cut is a key factor while purchasing a diamond ring. It is of great importance in the teardrop shape that depends on the perfect symmetry for bringing out its elegance and radiance. Here are some criteria a teardrop diamond ring should meet. Keep this in mind while buying the ring.
- The flat surface or table of the diamond ring should comprise of over 53% of its girth.
- While looking at the teardrop shaped diamond ring from the side, it should have a depth of not less than 53% of the width.
- The culet or the pointed underside should be present as a sharp point.
Tear drop rings have an elegance and charm of their own. Keep in mind the above-mentioned criteria when you go to purchase a chic teardrop diamond ring.
You Might Also Like to Check:
- 47 Must Check Enchanting Engagement Rings for the Bride-To-Be
- 72 Incredible Styles in Couple Rings to Let Everyone Envy Your Possession
- 67 Chic Turquoise Jewelry Designs to Complement Your Style
Being fashionable is all about experimenting and being creative. You can find many more styles and fashion trends at our Pinterest. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We would love to hear from you have your feedback. Live Long! Live Beautifully! We’ll keep giving you incredible fashion ideas.
Source for Images: facebook.com