The increasing popularity of the foot tattoo is probably because it is a challenging one. It brings sweet pain with a massive adrenaline rush for tat lovers. Moreover, tattoos on the feet look beautiful and neat, if maintained properly. If you have been considering getting a foot tattoo done, weigh the pros and cons. Apart from the amazing gallery of tattoo pictures with some truly wonderful foot and ankle tattoo ideas, here’s some things you can keep in mind, while choosing a tattoo for yourself.
Things You Need to Know Before Getting a Foot or Ankle Tattoo
While you can bank on your tattoo artist to explain the tattoo healing process and aftercare for tattoos, here are a few things that can make you more prepared for a foot tattoo or even help you make a choice before you visit the artist:
- Tattoo placement is the first thing you have to figure out. Foot tattoos can get rubbed off if it gets in contact with your shoes regularly or fade if kept exposed. Discuss with your artist where you want to get your design inked.
- Getting a foot tattoo hurts, like, real bad.
- There are many tattoo artists who aren’t comfortable inking on the feet. So do your research and speak to the tattoo artist before you get all excited and turn up at the studio.
- Foot tattoos are prone to infection as they are closer to the ground and get exposed a lot.
- Be wary of excessive sun exposure and tend to bleed ink and fade over time. Don’t skimp on sunscreen and gift yourself a Saran Wrap. During the healing period, diaper rash lotion, zero exposure to water or sun (first two weeks only) and germ-free hands are all important!
- A tattoo on a foot is going to scab. Avoid peeling or scratching; that way you lose more ink unevenly from your tattoo. Let the scabs naturally fall off, then get a touch up done.
Collection of Foot and Ankle Tattoo Ideas
If you are willing to brave a foot or ankle tattoo after reading these aspects, here’s the admirable collection. Take the plunge to commit to it or simply admire some genuinely beautiful and liberating tattoos here. Find anchor feet tattoo, words tattoo, identical/themed tattoo design for both feet, floral foot tattoo, inner arch tattoo for beautiful feet, back of the heel foot and ankle tattoo designs and many more creative inspirations in this gallery!
Being fashionable is all about experimenting and being creative. You can find many more styles and fashion trends at our Pinterest. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We would love to hear from you have your feedback. Live Long! Live Beautifully! We’ll keep giving you incredible fashion ideas.
You Can Also Check Out:
- 71 Incredible Small and Tiny Tattoos that Would Pull You to Get Inked Right Now
- 31 Most Popular Small Tattoo Ideas to Bookmark Right Now
- 66 Ethereal Bohemian Tattoo Ideas If You Are in Love with the Boho Fashion
Glorious Foot and Ankle Tattoo Ideas Here!
all above photos via facebook.com