Prom events are beautifully arranged to portray all you women in beautiful prom dresses. It’s the time to flaunt your style and make a bold fashion statement. Whether you wish to look cute, glam, or want to sport a vintage look, we’ve got you covered. If finding a perfect prom dress has left you stumped, read through the tips and explore the gallery with unique prom dress ideas. A glittering prom gown might look awesome on your best friend, but not on you. Yes! You need to know what the right choice is for you.
Prom Fashion Trends That Are Timeless
The last year has attracted people with the trending prom outfits, like the off-shoulder dark colored dresses giving a grunge look, the printed tapestry sketched gown with simple jewelry and the glamorous designer evening gowns giving a vintage look. These prom fashion trends are here to stay.
While selecting you prom outfits, some more points to look at are given below.
Points To Keep In Mind While Purchasing a Prom Dress
- Comfort: The prom dress should be made of a comfortable material and the fabric should be smooth such that it doesn’t give way to any wardrobe malfunction.
- Vibrant Colors: The dress should essentially be attractive and stunning, the look and color of the dress should be dynamic. More importantly, the color choice of the dress should depend on your skin tone, the color of your hair and eyes too.
- Well-fitted: The dress should be well-fitted and shouldn’t hang loose on the body as that would spoil the glam look. Pick the style as per your body type by going through the below-mentioned tips.
Prom Dress Types
Some of the most popular prom dress types include:
- A-Line Prom Dresses
- Halter Neck Prom Outfits
- Ball Gowns
- Empire Waist Dresses
- Celebrity Inspired Gowns
- Cocktail Dresses
- High Low Style
- Casual Frock Style Prom Dresses
Which Prom Dress Should You Wear As Per Your Body Type?
Know your body type i.e. apple body, pear body, rectangle figure, or hourglass and then make the selection. Dressing as a prom star means downplaying the problem areas of the body while accentuating the assets.
If you are busty i.e. have narrow hips and large bust, try and draw attention to the face with perfect makeup. Pick dresses that add curves to the hip area and create a balanced/defined waist. If you have beautiful legs, show them off, but do not pick a very short dress. While slender girls with a thin frame should choose belted waist, slits, asymmetric necklines etc. that accentuate the lean and long physique. For a petite body, narrow cuts are recommended with pleated/wrapped bodice so as to successfully create an illusion of beautiful curves.
- Best Prom Style for Hourglass Body Type: Hourglass body type women should prefer slim-fitting prom dresses. Since the hourglass shape ladies have a naturally proportional figure, they have a perfect figure to flaunt. Virtually all prom dress styles look wonderful on such ladies. Check the gallery for figure-flattering dresses. V-necks, pencil cuts, form-fitting dresses would help you attract eyeballs. Avoid round necks or baggy dresses completely.
- Best Prom Style for an Apple Shaped Body: When most of your weight is in the middle part of the body, it is an apple shaped body type. If shorter undefined waist and slimmer legs is what defines you, choose an empire waist dress with an embellished top which attracts attention to the upper half of your body. Avoid ruffles and fussy dresses and choose simple cuts. Prefer an A-line prom look with a full skirt, V neckline that hides the bust part and gives a longer look to your neck. Wear a dress that can camouflage the middle section of your body – say a dress with embellished ruching. Show-off your legs with a high-low prom gown or a designer short dress, if you love the shape of your legs!
- Best Prom Style for Pear Shaped Body: When you have a defined waistline with hips larger than the bust, your body is pear-shaped. In this case, flaunt your waist! Add volume to upper half of the body in a way that accentuates the petite waist and downplays the lower half of the body. A-line skirt with a strapless top or fitted open neckline is the best choice for the pear-shaped Spaghetti-strapped dresses or open back gowns to let onlookers admire your upper part is our recommendation. Avoid shift prom dresses strictly.
How to Choose the Prom Dress Color Based on Your Skin Tone and Color of the Hair/Eyes?
Prom dresses look most stunning in warm shades like ivory, rich brown, orange, gold, champagne etc. If you are not fair, avoid extremely bright shades like true black, clear white etc. as that might draw attention to yellow skin tone. However, some universal colors have been ruling the prom fashion since time immemorial i.e. the shades in purple and camel color. No need to take a quiz on prom dress color anymore. Read on to make your selection as per the color of your eyes, hair, and skin.
- Fair-Medium Skin and Light Eye Blonde Hair Girls: Choose pastel blues, mints, and pale pinks. More like the Disney princess or Cinderella ball gown colors. Picking lighter hues accentuates the natural features and lets you look fresh and don an ethereal prom look.
- Pale Skin Complexion, Brown Eyes and Red Hair Girls: Dramatic contrast can let you highlight the striking color of your hair. Make your impressive features rule the prom night with warm hues like peach or contrasting shades like emerald green.
- White Skin tone, Piercing Eyes and Dark Medium-Long Hair: Play up your party look with signature deep black. You can choose cool pure white with bright red lip color or solid turquoise shade too for a striking look.
- Olive Skin, Dark Eyes and Hair: For the olive-skinned beauties, the best colors to choose are coral, navy, mustard yellow, salmon pink and of course olive green. With deep features, these bright colors would add to your beauty.
With our suggestions, get ready for an alluring look in a gorgeous prom dress. For the most trending prom dress ideas, check out the gallery with a variety of long dresses, short dresses and plus size prom dresses too.
Source for Images: Facebook.com
Explore Amazing Prom Dress Ideas
Waist Bow With Crystal Embroidery On Top Of The Peachy A-line GownEnjoyed the Post? Why Not Check Out More?: