Back of the neck tattoos are often preferred they can be hidden underneath the hair shirt collars and revealed at personal discretion. Not to mention, almost all small back of the neck tattoos are incredibly cool to show off. Getting tattooed on such an area is like playing peekaboo. If you are thinking of getting one yourself, there are a myriad of ideas to choose from. Creative back of the neck tattoo designs range from simple and smart to intricate and elaborate pieces of art work that you can’t help but admire.
Meaningful Back of the Neck Tattoos with Spiritual Significance
- Celtic designs carry significant meanings and are a great hit with people who believe in art with symbolic meaning. There are many Celtic symbols which are great for inking like the symbols for fortune, fertility, health, harmony, dream or death and transformation, etc.
- Natural elements have profound impact on humans and many people choose symbols to depict fire, water, air, earth or a combination of these.
- The anchor tattoo at the back of the neck signifies stability.
- Wings or feathers are a popular choice for tattoos with spiritual significance as wings or feathers signify messengers from the spiritual realms.
- The lotus in various forms of mandala is a popular choice for women. The lotus signifies the beauty that emerges from dark and disturbing times.
Sensual Back of the Neck Tattoos for Women Who Value Aesthetics
Most back of the neck tattoos for women are quite sensual and a good tattoo artist can create truly delicate looking tattoos at the nape of the neck. Ornamental mandalas, geometric tattoos like a compass or a geometric natural element, floral designs, stars and the moon are some of the most popular ideas. Some of the other best back of the neck tattoo ideas and designs include birds, butterflies and bows in variant bundles of color and shape.
Now that you have so many ideas for back of the neck tattoos, you can swiftly get one inked or check out more ideas in our gallery.