If you are blessed with blue eyes, make them pop with the right shade of mascara, eyeshadow, and eyeliner. Here’s a guide that tells you everything about makeup for blue eyes i.e. the right eye shadows for making the blue eyes pop, tips for women with different eye shapes and size and the eye makeup that is perfect for women with fair skin. We’ve even hand-picked some of the best blue eye makeup tutorials and shared the roundup of ideas here.
Blue eyes can be seen in a host of shades such as green blue, grey-blue, navy blue, light blue and even hazel. The key rule is to choose the color of your eyeshadow according to the color of your iris.Some of the popular colors for blue-eyed beauties with brown hair would be heather, slate, taupe, copper, pink or lilac.
Flattering Eye Shadows for Blue Eyes
- Orange Shade for Beautiful Blue Eyes: Play up the beauty of your blue eyes with varying shades of orange such as peach, coral, bronze, copper, and rust.
- Neutral Eye Shadow for Bright Blue Eyes: To sport a carefree, natural look, the blue-eyed beauties can go for brown, taupe, tan or champagne shades. Some of the best eyeshadows for blue eyes are grey, white, chocolate brown or camel.
- Best Eye Shadows for the Pretty Blue-Grey Eyes: With the right makeup, make your blue eyes pop. Use eye shadows such as metallic gold, shimmering white, warm burgundy or purple, coral peach or metallic copper. Do justice to the grayish tinge in your eyes with shades like charcoal, grayish lavender, sheer violet, metallic silver or slate grey.
- Popular Eye Shadows for Enchanting Blue Green Eyes: Play up the beauty of your greenish blue eyes with eyeshadow such as violet, blue-toned pink, indigo, coral, eggplant, plum, burgundy, champagne, cranberry or reddish brown. You could even try shades like pale turquoise or greenish gold for a more dramatic look.
- Cool Shades for Striking Blue Eyes: Lavender and violet are the best eyeshadows for women with blue eyes and blonde hair. For women blessed with hazel blue eyes, teal or turquoise shades are the best to bring out the greenish tinge.
Tips for Eye Make up for Blue Eyes and Fair Skin
First of all, you need to choose an eyeshadow that complements the color of your eyes. The color of your eye shadow should be a shade darker or lighter to make your eyes pop. Using the same color as that of your eyes can produce a dull effect.
Which Eyeshadows Should You Choose From?
Some of the best eyeshadows for blue eyes makeup are midnight blue, taupe, gray, lilac, copper, and camel. Intense blue colored eyes look best with light eyeshadows such as ash, taupe, camel, sable, grey, or gold. Dark shades of blue like midnight blue or teal colors like copper, charcoal, lilac or silver look good on greyish blue eyes. Shades of moss, browns, heather, charcoal, camel, copper or black would flatter mid-blue eyes.
Which Eyeliners Look Good on Blue Eyes?
Some of the best eyeliner colors for blue eyes are taupe, silver, teal, gray, midnight blue or brown. While choosing the eyeliner shade it is best to avoid blue shades as that can make blue eyes fade. Best eyeliner colors to wear during the day are gray, taupe or beige. For evening makeup darker shades like midnight blue, black, charcoal, or brown are the best.
Blue Eyes Makeup Ideas for Eyes of Different Shapes
- Wide Eyes: For creating the optical illusion of bringing widely placed eyes together apply a dark shade of eye shadow on your eye’s inner corner.
- Deep Eyes: To accentuate the beauty of blue eyes, apply eye shadow of a light color on your upper eyelid. Use medium shades in the crease of your eyes.
- Large Eyes: To make your large eyes appear smaller, apply dark shades on the crease of your eyes and your eyelids.
- Round Eyes: To give a dramatic effect to your round eyes, apply the eyeshadow on the crease of your eyes and your eyelid. To enhance your look further, apply a dark shade on the top outer corner of your eyes.
- Small Eyes: To make your small eyes appear larger use light shade on your eyelid and medium shade on your crease. Use a beige highlighter on the inside part of your bottom lash line. You can buy the ‘Note Cosmetics Eye Shadow Pencil in Pearl Beige.’
Useful Makeup Tutorials for Blue Eyes
- Burgundy Eye Makeup: Play up the beauty of your blue eyes and create a smokey effect with a purple shade of eyeshadow. Choose an eyeshadow in peach color and matte shade and apply it to your eyes and apply black liner. Smudge the eyeliner with dark brown eyeshadow. Complete your look with dark purple eyeshadow and frosted taupe eyeshadow on your crease. Finish off with black mascara.
- Rose Gold Eye Makeup: For a special occasion,highlight the beauty of your eyes with a good shade of shimmer. Apply a neutral shade of eyeshadow and a white shade over it. In the central area of your eyelid apply the rose gold shade. Apply the dark brown shade of eyeshadow in the outer and inner corner of your eyes as well as on the bottom lash line. Complete your eye makeup with winged eyeliner and mascara.
- Smokey Black Matt Eye Makeup: For a perfect smokey look, blend your eyeshadow properly so that there are no harsh lines. Apply a gray matt eyeshadow as the base and make sure it is well-blended. Highlight your brow bone and your eye’s inner corner. Use a black pencil for lining the water line. Finish off with mascara and curly lashes.
Ideas Eye Makeup Ideas for Blue Eyed Women as Per the Shade of the Eye
The thumb rule is to choose an eyeshadow according to the color of your iris and opt for the opposite or complementary shades on the color wheel as those colors would enhance the beauty of your blue eyes.
- Eye makeup for Light Blue Eyes: To accentuate your baby blue eyes the complimentary colors of your eyeshadows would be warm browns, gold, lilac, and mauve. Light blue and grey eyeshadow look beautiful. Grey or warm brown eyeliners give a dramatic effect to the eyes. Brown mascara would give you a soft look. If you have dark blue iris navy eyeliner is the right shade for you.
- Eye Makeup for Grey Blue Eyes: The eye shadow you choose should be light grey in color for your grey-blue eyes. Other flattering eye shadow shades would be coral, salmon pink, beige or steel grey. Use the black mascara, turquoise or gray eyeliner to complete your eye makeup. You can choose the ‘Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil in Summer Cruise.’
- Eye Makeup for Green Blue Eyes: Lilac and purple shades would bring out the greenish tinge in your eyes whereas copper and gold would enhance the bluish tinge and accentuate any flecks in your eyes. Other complimentary shades for your eyes would be emerald or sea green. Enhance the beauty of your eyes with brown, navy blue or plum eyeliner. Complete your eye makeup with black mascara.
- Eye Makeup for Navy or Dark Blue Eyes: Choose eye shadows such as burnt orange, deep bronze or copper to enhance your blue eyes. The complementary shades of dark blue eyes are burgundy, charcoal, warm brown and plum.
With a good idea about makeup for blue eyes, you can enhance the beauty of your eyes and be the cynosure of the dance party.
Absolutely Graceful Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Amazing Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Beautiful Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Beginners Blue Eyes Makeup Tutorial Via
Best Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Big Blue Eyes Shimmery Party Makeup Via
Blonde Hair with Blue Eyes Makeup Idea Via
Blue Eyes Perfect Makeup for Parties Via
Bright Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Cocoa Brown Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Contrasting Eye shadow Makeup Idea for Blue Eyes Via
Dark Blue Smoky Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Dramatic Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Dreamy Makeup for Blue Eyed Via
Dual Eye shadow Application for Blue Eyes Via
Dusky Eye Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Everyday Makeup Tips for Blue Eyes Via
Fabulous Blue Eyes Makeup Tutorial Via
Fantastic Makeup Idea for Blue Eyed Via
Flashy Makeup Idea for Blue Eyes Via
Glam Blue Eyes Makeup Idea Via
Glamorous Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Glittery Party Makeup Idea for Blue Eyes Via
Golden Shimmery Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Gorgeous Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Greenish Smoky Eye Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Heavy Makeup Tutorial for Blue Eyes Via
Highlighting Blue Eyes with Eye Shadow and Liner Via
Idea for Soft Smoky Look for Blue Eyes Via
Ideal Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Impressive Blue Eyes Makeup Via
In Fashion Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Layered Makeup Beautifully Done for Blue Eyes Via
Light Pink Glittery Eye Shadow for Blue Eyes Via
Loud and Bright Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Lovely Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Mesmerizing Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Nice Idea for Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Pale Pink Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Party Makeup for Blue Eyed Via
Perfect Blue Eyes Highlighting Makeup Via
Professional Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Quick Blue Eyes Makeup Tutorial Via
Remarkable Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Shimmery Blue Eyes Makeup Idea Via
Soft Makeup Idea for Blue Eyes Via
Sparkling Fashionable Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Step by Step Easy Blue Eyes Makeup Tutorial Via
Stepwise Glamorous Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Stunning Gorgeous Blue Eyes Makeup Via
Tutorial for Smoky Makeup for Blue Eyes Via
Unusually Lovely Makeup Idea for Blue Eyes Via