You don’t need to frequent a salon to get the perfect manicure with the latest matte nail designs. All you need to do is have the essentials in your kit and a little bit of patience along with some attention to detail. But even before you get started, you need to select your favorite matte color and style. And for that, we bring you a gallery of handpicked designs. Once you have shortlisted the looks you want to sport, you are ready to get started!
How to Get the Perfect Matte Nail Designs at Home
- Step 1: Shape and file your nails. If you have selected matte nail designs coffin for your nail art style, you need to shape your nails accordingly- tapering from the base up and then square cut at the free edges. Take the help of video tutorials if you have not tried the shape before.
- Step 2: Apply a generous layer of base coat on your shaped and filed nails. This ensures that your nails are protected against staining. It also helps to provide a smooth layer for the matte nails polish to go on and helps the polish to adhere better.
- Step 3: Apply two coats of matte nails pink shade or any other color of your choice like red, plum, berry, blue, beige, etc. Deeper colors provide a richer tone when the matte is set. Any regular polish which is of good quality can work for this step.
- Step 4: Apply a top coat to smoothen your polish and cap the free edges to ensure that your manicured matte nails stay good for a longer duration. If this is your first time doing a home manicure, capping the free edge means that you apply a layer of topcoat horizontally across the edge of your nails. Let the glossy top coat dry.
- Step 5: Now apply a layer of matte topcoat. Begin from the middle of the nail, then apply on one side and then the other and finally, even it out if required. This technique helps the manicure stay longer and provides the elegant and smooth matte finish everyone wants.
That is how easy it is to get the best matte nail designs to match all your moods without burning a hole through your pocket!