Waxing can be done at home as it is not expensive and easy to perform, but the perfect procedure is done effectively in a beauty salon or spa where the temperature of the wax is controlled, so there are fewer possibilities from burning your skin, which could cause scarring.
As there is a wide variety of waxes for each type of skin, sensitive, thick or normal, you should ask the specialist for advice, which is the most recommended for you.
The wax for hair removal removes all the root of the hair, and it is also necessary to apply a balsamic lotion preferably containing Aloe vera after each treatment. It should be borne in mind that in the case of varicose veins and circulatory problems, it is harmful.
Advantages and disadvantages of wax
Advantages of waxing
- Its biggest advantage is speed and ease. The current waxes act in such a way that when removing the band, it does not produce pain
- The heat dilates the pores, which helps the hair to be extracted more easily.
- In the case of cold wax, since it has no temperature, it can be used by people with circulatory problems
Disadvantages of waxing
- Depending on the degree of temperature, some parts of the body are exposed to the dilatation of the capillaries and increase circulatory problems.
- Cold wax is a little more painful because it adheres more to the skin and does not dilate the pores, leading to most hairs breaking instead of being pulled out.
- Folliculitis or redness may appear temporarily on sensitive skin
- It is a more cumbersome system compared to other hair removal methods
Tips on waxing
- The skin must be exfoliated before to eliminate dead cells and avoid subcutaneous hairs
- Waxing is best done after bathing or showering as heat dilates the pores and facilitates hair removal
- Wax should not be applied to skin that is irritated by the sun, or that has warts, wounds, eczemas, etc.
- During the premenstrual date, it is not advisable to shave because there is a decrease in progesterone and estrogen, which causes the hair to strengthen, risking the hair to break.
- We must check the condition of the skin very carefully to detect any abnormality that prevents us from applying the wax
- The pull must be rapid against the grain, that is, in the direction of the hairline
When choosing a specific waxing procedure, several factors must be taken into account; the duration of the result, the amount of hair to be removed and the area of the body. However, there are other hair removal procedures that may be more suitable for you.